Total Number of Readers

How our grandmothers kept their skin so flawless with 3 miracle products!

Hello Girls,

Ever watched an old movie from the 1950's and wondered how the actresses kept their faces so flawless with minimal amount of makeup?



Ever wondered how they never had acne or dull complexions? How did they keep their face glowing and healthy?



Ever entered your grandmother's room and looked at her beauty products?

Well, in this article I will show you three key skincare products that all our grandmothers used around the world from Europe to the US to Africa.



These products are still the mostly widely used products until today and all generations still swear by their results.

1) Pears Soap: 

One of the oldest soap brands in the world with a very deep heritage. Pears soap is sold everywhere around the world and they come in different colours depending on our skin type. Before purchasing your own soap, make sure you buy the one that matches your skin type.

I have been using this soap continuously for a month now and my face has been improving tremendously. My skin type is the very sensitive one, so I always buy the hypoallergenic type:



Here are some cool old ads for this amazing product.





2) Ponds Cold Cream:

 Ponds is also one of the oldest skincare brands that our ancestors swear by. I believe that if something was able to live with a sleek reputation all those years, then it is definitely a brand that offers something unique.

Back in the days, this amazing miracle cream was used by our grandmothers to cleanse their faces at night while removing their makeup. Up until this day, many models and actresses use this cream as part of their daily skin care routine.

I highly recommend this cream for every girl as it is suitable for all skin types, removes all traces of makeup and leaves skin so supple and smooth. Here is how it looks:



Here are some very cool vintage ads for this amazing product:



3) Rose water toner:

 A toner that our grandmothers used to prepare at home. An essential part of the skin care routine after washing their faces with pears and before applying the ponds cold cream.

With the diverse range of products on the market nowadays, always opt for the ones that claim that they are chemical-free.

My favourite rose water brands are:






 Isn't it so cool how our grandmothers knew better when it comes to beauty? I just love collecting vintage beauty products and ads. It always teaches me that the more you keep your beauty regime simple like the old days, the better results you will get!


Don't forget to:

Like my FB: https://www.facebook.com/thekitmakeupartist

Subscribe to my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thekitmakeupartist

Follow my Instagram: @hebakc

Follow my Twitter: @hebakc

Follow my Pinterest Board: The Kit- The Makeup Artist

Stay Tuned, Stay Beautiful!






Comments