Total Number of Readers

Tips and Tricks for dying your hair at home!

Hello Girls,
I dyed my hair last week and it was the first time that I dye my hair for myself. Well, it was so easy and so simple and the results were very pleasant too.

Let me give you some tips and tricks that I learned from my experience:



1) Always invest in good expensive and conditioning hair dyes. Best Brands are Clariol, L'Oreal and Garnier.

2) Ammonia-free dyes are the safest on the hair. The best is L'Oreal Casting Cream Gloss! This is the one I used and loved.



3) Always keep a rich moisturising bottle of conditioner and hair mask to apply on your hair in the shower. It comes with an outstanding royal jelly conditioner that is to be used as well. Use the one that comes with the dye and then use your own conditioner.

4) Apply vaseline on your hair lines and ears to prevent the dye from staining your skin.



5) Always keep an old towel and an old shirt for dying processes.



6) Keep a timer close to you.




7) Dye your hair with plastic gloves.



8) Always keep your hair in 4 parts while dying your hair. Two front and two back!



9) Keep some plastic clips to help part the hair clearly.



10) Start with each part on its own and make sure the colour is well distributed with a thin comb.

11) If you have very long thick hair make sure you get two boxes of dye.

12) While washing your hair, do not leave the bath tub until the water runs completely clear from your head. Otherwise, you will stain everything once your out!

13) Dying solid dark colours is so much easier than going lighter. So if you want to dye your hair lighter, I advise you to do it professionally!

14) Remember that the longer you stay with the dye, the darker it gets. So always test on a small piece to know how long it takes you to reach your desired colour. Then with this in mind, apply on all of your hair!

15) Remember to comb your hair really well before the dying process. Tangled hair can make your dye look very uneven!

Feel free to send all your inquiries on The Kit- The Makeup Artist Facebook page and I will respond here on the blog!

Don't forget to:
Follow my Pinterest.
Follow my Instagram @hebkc.
Subscribe to my Youtube channel.

Stay Tuned, Stay Beautiful!






Comments