Total Number of Readers

JUST BLOGGED: Q&A about my Clarisonic Brush Experience! Pros, Cons, Usage and more!

Here is the latest youtube episode for the Classic Pinup Look in only Ten Minutes!
Don't forget to watch!

Hello Girls,

I want to share with you my experience with the Clarisonic Brush. The Clarisonic Brush is an electric facial brush with fine bristles to deeply cleanse your pores from makeup, dirt, oil buildup and acne-causing bacteria.



The first thing you need to know is that the way you use the brush differs dramatically according to your skin type.

If your skin is oily, sensitive and acne-prone, then it is only sufficient to use the brush once every other day or every two days.

If you have normal or dry skin then you can use the brush once to twice a day.

If you have combination skin, I would recommend using it once every other day.

How to use it?
All you need to do is apply the brush on your skin starting with your forehead and t-zone/chin and as soon as the brush beeps this gives you an indication that you need to move to another part of the face.

Forehead & T-zone-Chin, Beep, Right cheek, Beep, Left Cheek, Beep. 60 seconds is all you need!
Another thing you need to know is never apply pressure while using the brush. Do not apply any pressure to your skin. Just let it do the work for you.



How to keep the brush clean?
I personally detach the brush and soak it in hot tap water and anti-bacterial (LifeBuoy) for ten minutes before every usage.

Which brush to use?
The Clarisonic comes with a variety of brushes but the one that I recommend for everyone is the sensitive brush so that it is not too abrasive on the skin.


What type of Cleanser to use with the brush?
Any Cleanser would do. I was not a fan with the cleanser that it came with, so I used my own. Do not, however, use a scrub with this brush. It is already an exfoliating brush, so applying a scrub on the brush is going to destroy the outer layer of the skin. Stick to your usual facial cleansers.


What to expect from the Clarisonic?
You should be expecting a purging stage. This means that you will face a bit of pimples at the beginning of the usage. This is because the Clarisonic deeply cleanses the pores and makes all the impurities and dirt rise to the surface. If this happens, don't worry this shows its actually working, so don't be discouraged! A few days your skin will be cleared and will be used to the brush. If this didn't happen, then you are one lucky girl!



What is the recommended skin routine after using the brush?
Something that I really like to do is after I cleanse my face with the brush, I like to apply a pure honey mask for a half an hour. I then rinse my face with cold water and moisturise. This is exactly why I like to keep this routine at night. This is to make sure all the dirt and makeup is completely swiped off.



Which Clarisonic am I using?
There are two types: one is for face only and one is for face/body. I bought the face only and it is called Clarisonic Mia. It is a very travel-friendly gadget and I take it with me everywhere I go.



Where to get it from and how much it costs?
I bought it from Sephora for 700 dhs.



How often should we change the brush head?
Brush head should be changed roughly every 3-4 months.

A final note: Don't get too excited with the brush and start using it too many times as this can cause more harm than good. Test your skin first and make sure to know your skin type in advance. Start using it every other day or every two days and then slowly increase if you find the urge to do so. Most importantly, listen to your skin's needs!

Have you any questions please feel free to write a comment below or send me directly on my Facebook page!

Don't forget to:

Like my Facebook page: The Kit- The Makeup Artist

Subscribe to my Youtube channel: The Kit's Youtube
You can subscribe by clicking the link on the video itself (Top-right), or the red button on the blog's homepage!

Follow my Instagram: @hebakc

Follow my Twitter: @hebakc

Follow my Pinterest Board: The Kit- The Makeup Artist

Stay Tuned, Stay Beautiful!










Comments