Total Number of Readers

22 Best Buys From The Beauty Trip To Egypt's Attar (Herbs-man shop)!

Hello Girls

Every two months I go down to Egypt and one of my first visits is right to the 3attar. Yes, 3attar. I literally spend there at least 2 hours and I come out with the best affordable beauty ingredients for the body, face, hair and everything in between.

To cut the story short on you, I will list for you the items that I buy from there that literally changes my life, makes my hair like silk, improves my skin texture, enhances the overall health of my body and as a cherry on top items to make my house smell amazing too.

Are you ready? Go:

Castor Oil- Zeit Kharwa3: If you are looking for beautiful lashes, thick eyebrows and wanting to prevent balding areas on your forehead, then definitely go for this oil. It has a thicker consistency than other natural oils so you can always mix with a bit of carrier oil like Jojoba or Sweet almond oil to make it lighter. Apply daily on the needed areas and wait for the result to show in around a month or so.

Jojoba Oil: The most amazing oil for oily skin people. Jojoba oil mimics the sebum of your face, so once applied on the face it tricks the face that it is well moisturised and it does not need any sebum. Your face will no longer be oily and it will not clog your pores at all. A tiny drop all over the face does the trick. Also, it is amazing for the hair. It can be used on dry and wet hair to increase silkiness and shine.

Sweet Almond Oil: An amazing oil that can be used in body scrubs if mixed with brown sugar. In addition, it makes an excellent makeup remover too.

Argan Oil: Morrocco's most favorable treasure. A multi-functional oil that acts on the skin, hair, stretch marks, acne and face in wonderful ways. What I love about argan oil is that it does not have a greasy affect to it, so it is basically nature's dry oil. I will write a blog post about the different ways you can use it.

Glycerin: Due to its unbelievable moisturising benefits, glycerin makes an excellent remedy for cracked feet. Mix some glycerin with lemon juice and rose water. Rubber the mixture on cracked feet.  Keep it on for 30 minutes and then wash it off. Do this at least twice a day for two weeks or until your feet gets better.

Turmeric (Korkom): An amazing mustard-color spice that has unbelievable healing benefits. Turmeric makes an excellent glowing mask if mixed with olive oil and left on the face to dry then wash off. In addition, it is an excellent natural teeth whitener. Apply some on a wet tooth brush, brush your teeth regularly for one minute and then rinse.

Raw Honey: I love raw honey from Attar. I used it as facial masks, facial cleansers and i have to take at least two spoons a day.

Natural Rose Water: Can be used as a facial toner, added to facial masks, and used to activate hair follicles to prevent hair fall.

Morrocan Loofah: The best original loofah that real scrubs dead skin from the body. Do not use it on face.

Morrocoan Soap: Black Soap (As they call it) that is completely naturally manufactured and used in all the famous hammam baths. Apply some on the loofah and scrub your body.

Gadayel Oil:  Remember that oil we were all obsessed with for long hair that we used to buy from Saudi Arabia, the Egyptian attar is now an outlet for that amazing hair oil.

Nabulsi Liquid Soap: Yes, Nabulsi has produced liquid soap and it is one of a kind. The cleaning ability of this product as a hand soap is unbelievable. The best one I have used so far and I sometimes use it to clean my brushes. It really makes them soft and great smelling to.

White Musk: Imported from Emirates, the white musk liquid has amazing healing properties for acne, scars and makes the body smell great too.

Lemon grass Oil: An unbelievable Aromatherapy oil that will transform your home in a little Thai Spa. An instant relaxing feeling happens once you smell that thing. Try it out in your office and home.

Lilly (Zanba2) Oil: The most amazing deep floral oil that can be used also as an aromatherapy oil for the house. You will never look back to artificial fresheners again. Great for a house with smokers s it kills the odour too.

Peach Oil: I used it as a freshener for the house and I apply it on my water when cleaning to keep the house smelling like fresh fields of peach trees. Amazing!

Lavender Oil: The oil I use mainly before I sleep. I either apply some in my humidifier, aromatherapy  burner, or I apply a little to my hand cream to make it have a relaxing smell. I also mix it with some water in a spray bottle and I use it as a pillow mist before I head to bed.

Natural Deodorant (Shaba): I haven't been using deodorants for one month straight now and I am never looking back.  The shaba powder has been such an effective vintage deo that made my underarms lighter and the sweating way less. All you need to do is that after every shower apply some powder under your arms. If you are not showering, make sure you wipe your underarms with warm water, dry it out and then apply. If you are wearing black afterwards, blend the powder really well until it is almost gone so it does not come on your shirt. The attar usually has some different scents to these powders like Lavender, Jasmine and Musk. So, choose your scent.

Sea Salt (Mal7 El Rachid): The salt that kills negative energy out of the home. Apply some in the corners of your house, apply some in your humidifier, apply some in the water that wipes your floors and apply some in your bathtub to detox your body too. Amazing!

Sandle Wood Sticks (Bokhour): It has been widely proven that Sandle Wood sticks really kills negative energy in any place the are in, so make sure you light some up every now and then.

Apple Cider Vinger: Makes an excellent hair rinse for shiny hair. ACV toner if mixed with some water and splashed on wet shampooed hair, can make hair really get a great cleanse from all the build up of toxins, dirt and hair product that has been stubbornly lying on the hair strands and killing its shine. The same mixture can be used as an incredible glowing, pore shrinking toner for the face.

For the hair: Apply Two parts ACV and one part water.
For the face: Apply half part ACV and one part water.

Herbal Teas: Chamomile Tea, Lavender Tea, Robious Tea, Hibiscus Tea, Green Tea, Jasmine Tea, Slimming Teas are all some of the varieties of natural teas that this place can offer too.

Ps: I always I ask them to make me their secret blend of oils that nourish hair and activates hair follicles. Ask them to prepare one for you.

Don't forget to:

Follow my Instagram:@Hebakc

Follow my Pinterest:The Kit- The Makeup Artist

Like my FB page:The Kit- The Makeup Artist

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel:The Kit's Channel


Follow me on Snap Chat: Hebakaissy

Comments